San Diego, CA Garage Door Maintenance
February 2, 2014
Garage Door Maintenance – San Diego, CA
Have all of your maintenance done by a reliable garage door company. We have quality product, at a price that is affordable.
We have collected some helpful safety tips for our loyal customers, but if you have any other safety related questions please feel free to give us a call or write to us on our Facebook page.
Garage Door Safety
- Replace Old Springs – Your garage door’s springs are a very important, and one of the most dangerous parts. Springs wear out and can cause a malfunction. When they break, they can result in an injury to you or a member of your family. If you have a garage door that requires more than one spring, we always recommend replacing them at the same time to avoid a future issue with the old one.
- Check your Cables – Visually inspect the cables that attach the spring system to the bottom brackets on both the left and right side
- Squeaky Springs – Springs can be loud and squeaky, but not to worry because this is caused by normal use of the system. The springs have tension, and can cause injury if not handled properly.
- DIY– For all the do it yourselfers we have to send out our concern in this circumstance. Changing or repairing a garage door is dangerous and should always be done by a trained professional.
- Safety Cables – Does your garage door have extension springs? These require extra safety measures and can also be dangerous to repair yourself.
- Struggling Door – At first sign of the garage door not running smoothly call us, we can help with maintenance and avoid any repairs all together.
- Watch Your Fingers – Many people every year injure their fingers by pulling down the garage door manually.
- Tamper Resistant Brackets – These brackets are under an enormous amount of stress. These are dangerous to loosen on your own, we always recommend a trained technician.
- Using Old Track – When purchasing a garage door, always remember to purchase new tracks for your beautiful investment. Having a new garage door turn faulty because of the old tracks would be a costly mistake.
- Regular Maintenance – Helping our loyal customers keep their garage doors in the perfect running condition is our promise. If you ever need help with your door, we are here for you. Give us a call or fill out our contact form.